Navratri is one of the important festivals in the Indian homes. Navratri is traditionally associated with worshiping goddess Durga and her nine recreations. While Navratri has definite religious believes for fasting especially a connect with the almighty is surely has a lot of scientific significance too.
Here is a simply easy stew made with all ingredients that you can consume during the fast , It is although light for digestion but even healthy & nutritious recipe which is good for gut health & will always feel full even you are having fasting.
UPVAS STEW –
Potatoes: 1 cup cubed (1 whole small size)
cucumber: 1 cup cubed (1 whole small size)
Green chilies for taste
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Curds ½ cup (approx. 50g)
or buttermilk 150 ml
Water 2 cups
Crushed peanuts 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil / ghee 1 tsp
Method to cook:
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds and green chilli.
3. Add the cubes of cucumber and potato.
4. Add about 2 to 3 cups of water, add salt and cover and cook till both the vegetables are well done.
5. Add crushed peanuts and curds or buttermilk. Bring it to a quick boil and turn off the flame.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve hot as it is and consume this as much as you like it!
Per serving of 250 g( soup sowl)
To know more about this recipe visit my you tube channel –