Chiwda is the most loved and popular snack especially among Maharashtrians. Chiwda is good filling snack but unfortunately it is only carbs, and if it is fried one then very high in fat and calories. But this version of Chiwda is tasty as well as healthy with use of certain uncommon yet delicious twists. Here is this special recipe for you all.
Rolled Oats – ½cup
Pohe (thin) – 2 cups
Pumpkin seeds(magaj bee) – 2 tbsp
Flaxseeds(jawas) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves(kadipatta) – 5-6 no.s
Coriander seeds powder(dhane) – ½ tsp
Cumin seed powder(jeera) – ½ tsp
Peanuts – 1 tbs
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
green chillies – 1 chopped
Salt – as per taste
Sugar – as per taste
- Dry roast the oats and pohe separately. Keep them in a flat big plate.
- Dry roast the flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds till they start to puff up. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Once heated, add mustard seeds and let them to crackle. Then add curry leaves, green chilli, peanuts, flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds. Let them toast nicely.
- Now add turmeric, hing & cumin-coriander powder & switch off the gas. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Then pour this tempering to the mixture of roasted pohe and oats. Toss it gently with spoons or with your hands. Each pohe/oat grain should get the color.
- Now add salt and sugar as per taste.
- Store in air tight container.
Nutritional Facts : energy- 201 kcal
Protein- 6.2 gms
Fats- 8.6 gms