2 cups grated fresh coconut
1 ½ cups jaggery
1 tbsp cocoa powder
½ tsp cardamom powder
3 tbsp chopped cashew nuts
3 tbsp ghee
For dusting –
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp icing sugar
- Grate coconut carefully, scrape only the white part leaving brown edges behind.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a small pan & add chopped cashew nuts & fry until light brown in color.
- Place jaggery with 1-2 tbsp of water/milk in a thick wide-bottomed vessel on medium heat & let it come to boil. Let the jaggery dissolve completely & blend well with milk forming a syrup.
- Now add grated coconut, fried cashew nuts, elaichi powder, 3 tbsp ghee to it & stir well. Let it cook while stirring it constantly for about 10 mins.
- Switch off flame, add cocoa powder, mix quickly & let it cool down a bit.
- Meanwhile mix cocoa powder & icing sugar & sieve it into a wide plate to get a uniform mixture.
- Now take a small portion of the coconut mixture & make a ball out of it. Make all the remaining balls in this same process.
- Roll them in cocoa powder mixture & place on a dry plate & let them set aside for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Serve chilled.