Malwani Chicken is a spicy and delicious recipe which leaves your taste buds tingling.
Chicken is preferred amomg all age group. It is a lean meat loaded with protein and high density fat. Protein is essential for growth. It is rich in Selenium which is antioxidant that damage free radical. It also provides zinc and iron and is an excellent source for Vitamins B6, B12 and D.
In this recipe, chicken is cooked in rich coconut gravy along with spicy malwani masala which gives authentic flavour. Coconut is a complete food rich in calories, vitamin, minerals and fats. Potassium, Magnesium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, and Selenium are some minerals present in coconut. It contains saturated fatty acid which decreases LDL. It is also the source of digestive friendly fibre.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1 kg Diced Chicken
- 2 cups fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 small cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup Peanut/ Coconut Oil
- 1 small cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1-2 Medium sized Vertically Chopped Onion
- 2 Glass Hot Water
- 2 Tbsp Malwani Chicken Masala
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- Take a non-stick pan and shallow fry desiccated coconut in 1 tsp of oil.
- In another pan, sauté freshly grated coconut and vertically chopped onion with 3 Tbsp of oil till its becomes reddish brown.
- In big saucepan pour remaining oil and fry finely chopped onion till they become translucent.
- Also add ginger-garlic paste to it.
- Uniformly coat chicken pieces with half of the desiccated coconut and half of malvani chicken masala, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and marinate the mixture for minimum 20 mins.
- Now add these chicken pieces in fried onion pan and cook for few minutes.
- Now add 2 glass of hot water and cover the pan with lid, cook the mixture for 15-20 mins and stir occasionally.
- Once chicken is cooked you can add mixture of grounded coconut, and remaining mixture of desiccated coconut and remaining half malvani chicken masala. Cook it for another 5-10 mins.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves before you serve.
SOME HANDY TIPS:
- To adjust the consistency of gravy you can add hot water or coconut milk.
(For 1 serve)
Calorie: 330 Kcal
Carbohydrate: 6.75 gm
Protein: 22 gm
Visible Fats: 14 gm
Malwani Chicken is a spicy and delicious recipe which leaves your taste buds tingling. In this recipe, chicken is cooked in rich coconut gravy along with spicy malwani masala which gives authentic flavour. It can be served with chapati or bhakri.