Amaranth is also known as Rajgeera. Amaranth seeds are powerhouses rich in protein, iron, calcium, magnesium, bone-building manganese, fiber, and other nutrients compared to rice or wheat.Both the leaves and the seeds of amaranth are valuable in terms of human health. Whether you choose to consume it as a leaf vegetable, a cereal grain or grain flour depends on what health benefits you are seeking out.
Here We are come up with some simple & delicious recipe pf amaranth or rajgeera –
½ cup puffed amaranth (rajgeera)
½ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 tbsp chia seeds / sesame seeds/ pumpkin ses
Honey 2.5 tbsp
sugar 2.5 tbsp
¼ cup shelled pistachios/Almonds/Cashews/black raisins chopped
¼ cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips (refrigerated)
Butter (fresh or salted or coconut oil) 2.5 tbsp
- Set the oven for preheating at 140C
- Roast the amaranth in a pan till light brown.
- Roast the desiccated coconut.
- All nuts and seeds together till golden brown and mix it with amaranth.
- Heat the pan and add the butter, honey and sugar. Keep heating by constantly stirring till the sugar melts.(usually the mixture starts to bubble)
- Turn off the flame and add the amaranth, coconut, seeds & nuts, chocolate chips mixture to this.
- Grease a deep baking dish with some butter. Place this mixture onto this. Sprinkle black raisins on top.
- Wet your fingers and press the mixture to form an even layer.(this should be well pressed)
- Bake this at 140C in a preheated oven for 20 mins
- Allow this to cool for 20 mins and give a slight cut on the surface with the help of a knife to form shapes of your choice.
- Allow this to settle for 1 more hour and then unmold the mixture and cut into cubes.
- Wrap this with cling wrap film and store it in a dry place at room temperature.
Per square bar-
|71 kcal||1.7 g||8 g||3 g|
Here is the you tube video this recipe –