MOST OF US WILL BE OFF MEAT IN SHRAVAN, AND THAT MEANS THAT YOU WILL NEED TO IDENTIFY OTHER MEANS OF OBTAINING THE MAJOR NUTRIENTS THAT YOU REGULARLY OBTAINED FROM MEAT AND POULTRY.
FOLLOWING ARE TIPS YOU COULD USE AS THUMB-RULES TO KEEP YOUR DIET WELL ROUNDED DURING THE MONTH OF AUGUST.
1) Consume a combination of Protein (sources: Milk, Milk products, Dals, Nuts and Oilseeds) and Carbs (sources: Oats, Chapati, Bread, Rice or Upma).2) Consume higher amounts of cooked salads and vegetables compared to raw foods.
TIPS FOR FASTING
- Do not keep long gaps between meals.
- Drink enough water during the day.
- Increase water intake through consumption of Lemon water, Lemonade, Coconut water and fresh fruit juices.
- Avoid sago and limit the use of patato and sweet potato. Consume rajgeerra flour or waterchestnut flour in the form of thalipeth or added to milk as porridge, instead.
- Have small and frequent meals instead of larger meals.
- Consume good quantities of fruits and fresh fruit juices in the diet.
- Since the weather is cool, have healthy soups, including the upwas (fasting) soups.
- Have fresh fruits and/or dry fruits as fillers.