I always encourage my clients to increase their salad consumption in the diet. But many of them are always confused about which salads to eat and more importantly which dressings to use. success of a good salad is in it’s dressing. It has to be interesting and lift the routine salad to next level.
This chicken salad with Asian dressing is one such salad. It is a protein packed salad with very interesting dressing. The dressing itself is rich in proteins since I have used peanut butter and to add up the protein quotient I have also added toasted peanuts & sesame seeds in it.
This salad is a complete meal with best of taste and best of nutrition both put together because it has got a good protein portion, as well as vegetable portion it it. It is loaded with fibers, rich in healthy fats and low in carbs so you can enjoy this salad even as your main meal, say your lunch or dinner if you have had heavy eating yesterday.
Let’s see the recipe-
This is for 2 servings considering 1 serving is 200-250gms.
- 1 Chicken breast(150g), boiled and shredded
- ½ bunch lolo rosso lettuce, torn by hands
- 1 cup carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 2-3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- For dressing-
- 1 tbsp lime juice/ juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp fish/soy sauce
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp toasted black and white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Salt pepper
- Sesame oil 1 tbsp
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- Make dressing: Whisk lime juice, soy sauce,peanut butter, oil, chilli and sugar together in a jug until sugar has dissolved.
- Place chicken in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer, turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from pan. Cool. Shred.
- or simply cook it in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce, carrot, coriander and chicken in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with peanuts and sesame seeds. Serve.
to check the full recipe video, visit my YouTube channel,